Grain free cashew butter and strawberry muffins
I wrote this recipe over the summer when it was strawberry season and my farmer's market always had fresh local strawberries that were out of this world. My son was 2 years old and theoretically loved strawberries; he would request strawberry smoothies and pancakes.... But he wouldn't eat them whole! So, this recipe started out as a paleo strawberry pancake fail, they wouldn't stay together but the flavor was there so I knew I could bake something with this ingredient combo. I should add they weren't an entire fail because my son ate the entire batch, they were just not perfect or recipe worthy.This muffin recipe is a keeper and we make them a lot. Real simple ingredients, sweetened with just a little raw honey and easy to make. I make them whenever my strawberries are looking like they're ready to spoil.
I decided to add the filling and crumble on top later on, and you can skip both for a real easy strawberry muffin. But all together, this is like a PB&J muffin and the flavors all work really well together. Any nut butter will do, The recipe makes 10 muffins. They last 1 day in this house.
Ingredients:







These were awesome! A huge hit at our house, so much so that I'll need to make another batch right away.
ReplyDelete