Low Carb Gingerbread Pancakes with Blueberry Butter

Monday, December 11, 2017 Alanna Figueira 0 Comments



I've been so crazy busy lately, between the holiday chaos, and school events, and my own Integrative Nutrition exams; I've hardly had time for new recipes.  But I've tested this one out a few times, each time getting a little closer to the results I was looking for and today I have it for ya!


So, some you of may know this already, but, I really like pancakes.  Really, really like them.  I have a few recipes already up on the blog.  Like these Death by Chocolate Pancakes, or these Pumpkin Spice Pancakes, or theses nut-free blueberry crumb ones. Or these amazing Paleo Pancakes- my go-to favorite pancake recipe!  I make them almost every weekend, but lately I have been sticking to a lower carb lifesyle and really enjoying the benefits. So, I've been skipping the pancakes and just stick to a collagen/MCT coffee and some bacon or eggs.  But I miss joining in on the pancake party, so naturally I decided to develop a recipe that would keep me feeling great and the kids could also enjoy.

 These are also paleo!  I've tried some of those cream cheese pancake recipes, but the truth is, I really can't have cream cheese even in small amounts. Boo. I did include butter, which agrees with me, but you can also use coconut oil.  You could add some sweetener of your choice, but I don't find it necessary.  I love the blueberry butter, its so simple and fresh and adds just the right touch of sweetness. 


Here's a little info on collagen fuel:

  • Collagen Support for Hair, Skin, Nails and Joints in a Great-Tasting Protein Shake
  • 20 Grams of Collagen Protein from Grass-Fed Cows
  • 19,200 Milligrams of Collagen (More Collagen than 2 Cups of Bone Broth) 
  • Beneficial Prebiotic Fiber for Digestive Health
  • Free of Sugar, Whey, Dairy, Soy, Gluten 
  • Available in Canister (12-servings) and Single-Serve Packets
  • Ingredients: Grass-Fed Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coconut Milk Powder, Natural Vanilla Flavors, Inulin, Konjac, Monk Fruit Extract, Sea Salt, Vanilla Bean Powder


This stuff is amazing!  My kids love it in their smoothies.  I love it in everything. I throw it in my chia pudding, in my green shakes, in our açai bowls... it's seriously the best.  Both chocolate and vanilla are delicious.  I've made chocolates out of the chocolate flavor, I posted a quick recipe on instagram.  It also works wonders in baked goods.  And guess who agrees? THE KIDS! Holla!!! 


Tis' the season so I made these gingerbread flavored, but if you skip all the spices you could make regular pancakes.  I just love gingerbread flavored anything, in fact I've been dumping the spices into my coffee creamer.  SO good.  Without further ado...

Low Carb Gingerbread Pancakes with Blueberry Butter

Serves: 4
Nutrition (per serving)
Carbs:~4g net
Fat: 27g
Protein: 15g

Ingredients:

3/4 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
1/4 cup vanilla collagen fuel or collagen peptides
3 eggs
1/4 cup almond milk
4 Tbsp butter, melted 
2 tsp baking powder
1tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp each of allspice, clove, nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:


Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until smooth batter is formed

Fry batter in butter or coconut oil.  The smaller the pancake, the easier to flip.


Blueberry Butter

1/2 cup fresh blueberries
2 tbsp butter

Melt together in a small pan until blueberries are tender.



You Might Also Like

0 comments :